23. Multiple Ways
- WCAG SC 2.4.5 Multiple Ways – More than one way is available to locate a Web page within a set of Web pages except where the Web Page is the result of, or a step in, a process.
Test Method Rationale
This baseline requires a manual check for multiple techniques to locate a web page.
Limitations, Assumptions, or Exceptions
- Exceptions: web pages that are the result of, or a step in, a process are not included in this test.
23.1 Test Procedure for Related Web Pages
Baseline Test ID: 23.1-MultipleWays
Web page within a set of related Web pages.
- Check that the page provides two or more ways to locate a Web page within a set of web pages. [SC 2.4.5]
These may include (but are not limited to) techniques such as:
- site maps
- site search
- tables of contents
- navigation menus or dropdowns
- navigation trees
- links between pages
If the above check fails, then Baseline Test 23.1-MultipleWays fails.
Advisory: Tips for streamlined test processes
- Additional techniques for locating a Web page may be available beyond those listed in the test instructions.
WCAG 2.0 Techniques
The following sufficient techniques and/or common failures were considered when developing this test procedure for this baseline requirement: